EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT initiatives seek to inspire, motivate, and support the aspirations and achievement of children, youth, and young adults. Mentoring programs target youth such as the Dr. Betty Shabazz Delta Academy for girls ages 11-14 years, Dr. Jeanne Noble Growing and Empowering Myself Successfully for girls ages 14-18 years, and Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence for boys ages 14-18. Youth enrichment, college and career readiness, and service learning opportunities encompass a biennial cotillion, college scholarship competition, tours of HBCUs and community colleges, literacy outreach in elementary schools, Science and Everyday Experiences for elementary and middle school students, and a Prom Dress Giveaway with financial affordability and safety tips.
These programs in the following:
- PGCAC Business ExpoSat 01 AprApr 01, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PMVirtual EventDream it! Work it! Achieve it! Join us on Saturday, April 1, 2023, and take the time to start, grow, or learn more about advancing your business. This virtual event is FREE to all who attend, but registration is required.
- Prom Dress Giveaway 2023Sat 01 AprApr 01, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMCapitol Heights, 9200 Alaking Ct, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, USAEXCITING news! We are counting down to Prom Season 2023 and our Prom Dress Giveaway is Back by PROM DEMAND! We are “Giving Back To Our Community, One Dress At A Time.” Prom REDy Experience: We have interactive Prom Awareness Workshops on hot topics & beauty tips. You don’t want to miss our FREE Pro
- Youth ConferenceSat 15 AprApr 15, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PMPrince George's Community College, 301 Largo Rd, Largo, MD 20774, USACalling all 6th - 12th graders for our 2023 Youth Conference! This event will prepare students for high school, college, and beyond. Student and parent sessions will cover: Money management Time management Mental health management Social media management You don't want to miss the Tik Talk Panel a
- Eco-Friendly Community ForumSat 15 AprApr 15, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMGreater Landover, 8001 Sheriff Rd, Greater Landover, MD 20785, USACome join us at our annual Eco-Friendly Forum to learn ways you can reduce waste, shrink your carbon footprint and positively impact the environment. This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
- Human Trafficking 301: Protecting ChildrenWed 19 AprApr 19, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMVirtual EventOn April 19, 2023, the ladies of the Psi Epsilon Omega, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority, Inc., and Prince George's County Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., will present part two of the Human Trafficking Webinar series, Human Trafficking 301: Protecting Children.
- March for BabiesSun 23 AprApr 23, 12:00 AM – 11:50 PMClick Register Now to DonateDID YOU KNOW? IN THE UNITED STATES, THE PRETERM BIRTH RATE AMONG AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN IS 49% HIGHER THAN THE RATE AMONG ALL OTHER WOMEN.
- Road to Wellness--A Mental Health Awareness EventSat 06 MayMay 06, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PMBowie, 3209 Stonybrook Dr, Bowie, MD 20715, USAPlease register for this in-person mental health event that will help you develop a roadmap for self-care and wellness. Expert panelist will share their knowledge to strengthen and help align your well being to live happier and healthier. Come and be inspired by the incomparable Dr. Wilie Jolley, to
- PGCAC All White Day PartySun 07 MayMay 07, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PMGreenbelt, 7400 Greenway Center Dr, Greenbelt, MD 20770, USAThe White Party is back! Join PGCAC's All White Day Party to enjoy an evening of vendors, food, dancing and DJ playing the greatest hits!