From the Desk of the Chapter President
Miriam L. Brewer
As the 18th president of the celebrated Prince George’s County (MD) Alumnae Chapter (PGCAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, I am honored to welcome you to the chapter’s official website. I invite you to pause to learn about this dynamic, volunteer service organization of professional women dedicated to uplifting communities and neighborhoods through extraordinary programming.
Located in the state of Maryland, Prince George’s County borders the eastern portion of the nation’s capitol. With the second largest school district and over 960,000 residents, Prince George’s County ranks as the second most populous county in Maryland. Since its chartering on March 31, 1974, PGCAC has embraced partnerships as a strategy to reach and teach residents, while maximizing the chapter’s public service footprint throughout the 27 urban municipalities in Prince George’s County.
Chapter programs align with five key areas: economic and educational development, international awareness and involvement, physical and mental health, and political awareness and involvement. Traditional and novel replicable programs exist to address local, national, and international issues of the day such as youth enrichment, domestic violence, human trafficking, student debt reduction, voter education, technology and financial literacy, climate control, clean water, childhood obesity, protecting the vulnerable, quality public school education, and the like.
As you visit this virtual site today, I invite you to return often in the days and months to come so that you can experience some of what PGCAC has to offer. Sign up for the community newsletter; send your suggestions under Contact Us; support the Chapter’s outreach.
At the end of the day, it is not about what you have or what you have accomplished. It is about who you have helped, inspired, or made better by giving back.
In Service for Others,
Miriam L. Brewer
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. History
- PGCAC Business ExpoSat 01 AprApr 01, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PMVirtual EventDream it! Work it! Achieve it! Join us on Saturday, April 1, 2023, and take the time to start, grow, or learn more about advancing your business. This virtual event is FREE to all who attend, but registration is required.
- Prom Dress Giveaway 2023Sat 01 AprApr 01, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PMCapitol Heights, 9200 Alaking Ct, Capitol Heights, MD 20743, USAEXCITING news! We are counting down to Prom Season 2023 and our Prom Dress Giveaway is Back by PROM DEMAND! We are “Giving Back To Our Community, One Dress At A Time.” Prom REDy Experience: We have interactive Prom Awareness Workshops on hot topics & beauty tips. You don’t want to miss our FREE Pro
- Youth ConferenceSat 15 AprApr 15, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PMPrince George's Community College, 301 Largo Rd, Largo, MD 20774, USACalling all 6th - 12th graders for our 2023 Youth Conference! This event will prepare students for high school, college, and beyond. Student and parent sessions will cover: Money management Time management Mental health management Social media management You don't want to miss the Tik Talk Panel a
- Eco-Friendly Community ForumSat 15 AprApr 15, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PMGreater Landover, 8001 Sheriff Rd, Greater Landover, MD 20785, USACome join us at our annual Eco-Friendly Forum to learn ways you can reduce waste, shrink your carbon footprint and positively impact the environment. This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
- Human Trafficking 301: Protecting ChildrenWed 19 AprApr 19, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMVirtual EventOn April 19, 2023, the ladies of the Psi Epsilon Omega, Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority, Inc., and Prince George's County Alumnae Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., will present part two of the Human Trafficking Webinar series, Human Trafficking 301: Protecting Children.
- March for BabiesSun 23 AprApr 23, 12:00 AM – 11:50 PMClick Register Now to DonateDID YOU KNOW? IN THE UNITED STATES, THE PRETERM BIRTH RATE AMONG AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN IS 49% HIGHER THAN THE RATE AMONG ALL OTHER WOMEN.
- Road to Wellness--A Mental Health Awareness EventSat 06 MayMay 06, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PMBowie, 3209 Stonybrook Dr, Bowie, MD 20715, USAPlease register for this in-person mental health event that will help you develop a roadmap for self-care and wellness. Expert panelist will share their knowledge to strengthen and help align your well being to live happier and healthier. Come and be inspired by the incomparable Dr. Wilie Jolley, to
- PGCAC All White Day PartySun 07 MayMay 07, 3:00 PM – 7:00 PMGreenbelt, 7400 Greenway Center Dr, Greenbelt, MD 20770, USAThe White Party is back! Join PGCAC's All White Day Party to enjoy an evening of vendors, food, dancing and DJ playing the greatest hits!