From the Desk of the Chapter President
As the 18th president of the celebrated Prince George’s County (MD) Alumnae Chapter (PGCAC) of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, I am honored to welcome you to the chapter’s official website. I invite you to pause to learn about this dynamic, volunteer service organization of professional women dedicated to uplifting communities and neighborhoods through extraordinary programming.
Located in the state of Maryland, Prince George’s County borders the eastern portion of the nation’s capitol. With the second largest school district and over 960,000 residents, Prince George’s County ranks as the second most populous county in Maryland. Since its chartering on March 31, 1974, PGCAC has embraced partnerships as a strategy to reach and teach residents, while maximizing the chapter’s public service footprint throughout the 27 urban municipalities in Prince George’s County.
Chapter programs align with five key areas: economic and educational development, international awareness and involvement, physical and mental health, and political awareness and involvement. Traditional and novel replicable programs exist to address local, national, and international issues of the day such as youth enrichment, domestic violence, human trafficking, student debt reduction, voter education, technology and financial literacy, climate control, clean water, childhood obesity, protecting the vulnerable, quality public school education, and the like.
As you visit this virtual site today, I invite you to return often in the days and months to come so that you can experience some of what PGCAC has to offer. Sign up for the community newsletter; send your suggestions under Contact Us; support the Chapter’s outreach.
At the end of the day, it is not about what you have or what you have accomplished. It is about who you have helped, inspired, or made better by giving back.
In Service for Others,
Miriam L. Brewer
- Fri, Sep 29PGCAC, NPHC, and the American Red Cross Community Blood Drive
- Fri, Sep 29Financial Fifth Friday with PGCAC and New York Life
- Mon, Oct 09Suicide Prevention: Let's Have a ConversationOct 09, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMpgcacsuicideprevention.eventbrite.comSuicide Prevention sponsored by the Prince George’s County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. in collaboration with the PG County Community Crisis Services' Call Center Director Jamieson Brill and the Mental Health Empowerment agency CEO T-Kea Blackman
- Multiple DatesWed, Oct 11Wednesday Wise Webinars: Scholarship Informational Sessions 2023
- Sat, Oct 14American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Virtual Walk
- Thu, Oct 19Home Fire Prevention and Evacuation WebinarOct 19, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMWebinarPlease join the Prince George's County Alumnae Chapter (PGCAC) DST, Emergency Response Team Committee, and the Prince George's County Fire-EMS Department on Thursday, October 19, 2023, from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m., for an informative webinar on home fire prevention and evacuation plans.