ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT initiatives evolve with national economic trends, such as the widening gap between wealth, health, and poverty; unstable and under employment; threats to Social Security and health insurance; foreclosures; bankruptcies; and student debt. In turn, responses of the Chapter include a major Financial Fortitude initiative designed to promote financial literacy across the life span starting with young children learning money management to older adults planning for retirement. This ongoing financial literacy series includes estate planning, budgeting, credit scores, homeownership, wealth management, and entrepreneurship.
- Fri, Sep 29PGCAC, NPHC, and the American Red Cross Community Blood Drive
- Fri, Sep 29Financial Fifth Friday with PGCAC and New York Life
- Mon, Oct 09Suicide Prevention: Let's Have a ConversationOct 09, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMpgcacsuicideprevention.eventbrite.comSuicide Prevention sponsored by the Prince George’s County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. in collaboration with the PG County Community Crisis Services' Call Center Director Jamieson Brill and the Mental Health Empowerment agency CEO T-Kea Blackman
- Multiple DatesWed, Oct 11Wednesday Wise Webinars: Scholarship Informational Sessions 2023
- Sat, Oct 14American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Virtual Walk
- Thu, Oct 19Home Fire Prevention and Evacuation WebinarOct 19, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMWebinarPlease join the Prince George's County Alumnae Chapter (PGCAC) DST, Emergency Response Team Committee, and the Prince George's County Fire-EMS Department on Thursday, October 19, 2023, from 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m., for an informative webinar on home fire prevention and evacuation plans.